The 6.85 patch promised to us by the end of this week arrived with important changes to all the heroes, including the ones that are not in Captains Mode. The era of Leshrac, Gyrocopter, Techies and even Queen of Pain might come to an end.
As it was hinted in the announcement made by IceFrog earlier this week, 6.85 does not bring any new heroes, items or game changing mechanics. The new patch it’s all about balancing the current meta.
While most of the heroes have received important buffs or nerfs, the same happened with some of the items, the most important changes in that area would be the fact that both Solar Crest and Medallion of Courage no longer target Spell Immune enemies while Roshan’s armor is now reduced by half.
Another interesting item changes are the increased health restoration per second of Heart of Tarrasque from 3.25 to 4.00, the considerably reduced recipe cost of Radiance, from 1425 to 1350, the Town Portal gold reduce with 25 and the major cooldown reduce of Dust of Appearance, from 60 seconds to 30.
Looking at the heroes changes, there is no doubt that TI5 usual suspects received major nurfs, with Techies, Lehrac and Gyrocopter being the most affected ones.
It seems that the community voice had been heard and the Techies mines will now provide 10 gold for destroying them but the 20 maximum count of the Land Mines have been removed.
- Mines are no longer triggered when destroyed
- Mines can now be destroyed using Quelling Blade/Battle Fury
- Mines now provide 10 Gold for destroying them
- Land Mines cooldown and mana cost reduced by 50%
- Land Mines damage reduced by 50%
- Land Mines no longer have a max count
- Land Mines and Stasis Traps no longer block neutral spawns
- Land Mines no longer stack exactly on top of each other
- Base damage reduced by 4
- Lightning Storm jump distance reduced from 650 to 475
- Lightning Storm damage reduced from 80/140/200/260 to 50/100/150/200
- Rocket Barrage damage per rocket reduced from 8/13/18/23 to 7/12/17/22
- Call Down slow no longer pierces Spell Immunity
Queen of Pain
- Sonic Wave damage reduced from 290/390/490 to 290/380/470
- Aghanim's Scepter damage reduced from 325/450/575 to 325/440/555
- Static Remnant mana cost increased from 70/80/90/100 to 100
- Static Remnant unobstructed vision reduced from 800 to 600
- Ball Lightning base mana cost increased from 15 + 7% to 30 + 8%
- Aghanim's Scepter no longer improves Flesh Golem
- Aghanim's Scepter now increases Decay's strength steal from 4 to 10
- Tombstone Zombies attack damage reduced from 41 to 35
- Tombstone now requires a constant number of attacks to be destroyed: 3/4/5/7 from heroes
- Soul Rip can now restore 1/2/3/4 health to Tombstone
Some other notable changes are the fact that Warlock’s golems can no longer be destroyed by Purge, aka Diffusal Blade, Tusk’s Frozen Sigil no longer goes through Spell Immunity and the Necrophos’s AFK ancients farm is no longer possible as the Heartstopper Aura doesn't affect ancient creeps anymore.
Speaking of Ancient Creeps, a change has been made to them as well:
- Ancient Thunderhide has a new ability: War Drums Aura - provides +15 Attack Speed and +15% Attack Damage
- Ancient Black Drake has a new ability: Dragonhide Aura - provides +2 Armor, stackable
- Ancient Dragon Camp units now have 2 less armor
Given the fact that the Ancients received new abilities while Chen spells got buffed it will be no surprise to see him picked more often from now on.
For the moment Terrorblade have been removed from Captain's Mode but he also got numerous changes.
The entire 6.85 patch notes can be found here.
hero images credits to wallpapersdota2.com