The second day of the Frankfurt Dota Major European qualifiers has come to an end. From Group A, Alliance and Team Liquid have advanced into the double elimination brackets stage of the qualifiers, while Ninjas in Pyjamas and (monkey) Business moved forward, from Group B. The double elimination brackets will kick off tomorrow, on October 12th, at 12:00 CEST.
The four European teams that will advance to the second phase of the Frankfurt Majors Regional Qualifiers have emerged.
Team Liquid and Allianceare tied at the top of their group with 9 points each, but as Team Liquid has already bested Alliance in their direct encounter, 2:0, a tiebreaker will not be necessary. Team Liquid will be seeded into the Upper Brackets, with Alliance will start the second stage of the qualifiers in the Lower Brackets.
Alliance fans were pleased to see the Swedes displaying some strong performances during the group stage and Team Liquid were among the clear favorites from the very beginning.
Another Swedish team will be represented in the double elimination brackets, as Ninjas in Pyjamas were able to top their group and advance to the second phase of the qualifiers.
(monkey) Business managed to advance as well, as was expected from them based on recent performances.
Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers standings, day 2
Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers standings, day 2, Group A
- 4C&L 0:2 Alliance – Alliance played their first game really well, executing their lineup beautifully and shutting down Shadow Fiend on midlane. The Swedes always had the game under control and, after some desperate smokes from 4CL, they managed to claim victory. The second game was a bit more even initially, with some back and forth trades, but Gustav “s4” Magnusson snowballed Alliance towards a second victory.
- Liquid 2:0 STARK – Liquid always had the lead in the first game, but STARK didn’t give until the very end, trying to split push with their Tiny-Io combo. However, STARK got caught out of position and the game ended rather quickly. Adrian “FATA-“ Trinks had a remarkable game on Queen of Pain. STARK had a greedy lineup that needed a lot of space, which Team Liquid did not create for them. Liquid secured the second win in over 40 minutes.
- STARK vs. 4C&L – The match was forfeited, since none of the teams had any mathematical chances of advancing to the playoff round. STARK were given the Default Win.
- Empire vs. Liquid – The match was forfeited, since Team Liquid were already qualified for the playoff round, while Team Empire had no mathematical chances of advancing. Empire were given the Default Win.
Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers standings, day 2, Group B
- CISR 0:2 NLG – Although CISR had a scary lineup and a good laning phase, they were not able to control Templar Assassin with a Desolator and had no back-up plan for the late game. In the second game, CISR had a really good lineup for early game, but the Ursa pick seemed to catch them off guard and they had no way of managing it.
- Na’Vi 0:2 Monkey – (monkey)Business were able to take the first game from Na’Vi. Monkey’s lineup was much scarier due to the fact that they could disable two heroes immediately and play basically as 3:5 in team fights. In the second, game Alexander “XBOCT” Dashkevich played Riki, but (monkey)Business ended up securing the victory.
- Monkey 1:1 CISR – Both cores of CISR’s lineup had great farm. With Mangus unble to land a good RP, (monkey)Business fell short of properly executing the combo they were aiming for. CISR took the first win. Despite having an early lead in the second game, CISR ended up being plowed over by (monkey)Business in 22 minutes, with a score of 28:7.
- NiP 2:0 Na’Vi – NiP were able to take the first game from Na’Vi in 32 minutes. It appeared that the Ukrainian team gave up, as XBOCT played Clockwerk on carry and the picks looked more suited for a pub game. With a score of 40:10, NiP blew through them in 22 minutes.
- NLG 0:2 Monkey – Although the game started out very even between the two teams, (monkey)Business’ 5 melee strategy snowballed through NLG with Anti-Mage, BroodMother and Beast Master topping the charts in networth. The second game started with (monkey)Business drawing first blood on Nightstalker before the creeps spawned. With 21 kills on the board in 7 minutes, the game was a pure blood bath, boasting an ending score of 47:32
- CISR 0:2 NiP – CISR were once again winning their lanes and had the early advantage, but were unable to hold onto it, as Era’s Tiny did his work across the map and had a great game with the help of a heavily farmed Queen of Pain. In the second game of the series, CISR did well in the early game as usual, but after the laning phase, NiP managed to take the reigns and cruise to victory in 33 minutes.
Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers format
- The ten teams have been divided into two Round Robin groups of five.
- Top two teams will advance to a double elimination bracket.
- First place team will start in the Upper Bracket.
- Runner-up team will start in the Lower Bracket.
Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers match points
- Matches are best-of-two series.
- If a team wins by 2-0, it is awarded 3 points.
- If the match goes 1-1, each team is awarded 1 point.
- Top two teams will advance to a double elimination bracket.
Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers schedule
The detailed schedule for the second stage of the Frankfurt Dota Major European qualifiers has not been announced yet. However, the series are expected to kick off tomorrow, on October 12th, at 12:00 CEST.
Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers streams
The Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers will be broadcast in English as part of the coverage provided by The Sweden Hub, a mix of talent from ASUS ROG DreamLeague, joinDOTA and Moonduck Studios, starting at 12:00 CEST, on October 10th. Beyond the Summit will also broadcast a selection of games.
- All matches covered from the Monster Energy DreamHack Studios will be broadcast on the DreamLeague Twitch channel.
- The Beyond the Summit Twitch channel will provide coverage of select group stage matches.
The Frankfurt Dota Major European Qualifiers series have started at 12:00 CEST, on Saturday, October 10th, and will end on October 13th.